Skip to main content


Katy (Harrell) Ertresvaag
Craig ONeill (2020)Marty Tabor (2018)Shannon Green (2018)
Bill Rivers'65 (2016)Julie Gardner'65 (2016)Karen Fouts Gausman (2016)Daniel Dundas (2014)
Coach Paul Reeves (2013)Mike OBrien (2010)John Cobb (2008)Dave Garrett (2000)
Patricia Jones (1998)John Kimball (1988)Bill George (1983)Richard Kepner (1976)
Mike Biscayart (1970)Jack ExonMary K. (Dougherty) Galbreath Jana Kay Kolvas-Morris

Craig O’Neill

On Wednesday, March 11, 2020, 03:11:25 PM CDT, John Andrews <[email protected]> wrote:   Linda O’Neill called this morning to tell us that our great friend and fellow Warrior, Craig, passed away, peacefully, in his sleep last night.
     … Craig had been fighting Parkinsons the last few years. He caught a bad case of the flu recently and did not recover.
Marty Tabor
From: Claudia Bessinger <[email protected]>  on  Wed, Nov 28, 2018
     Just talked to Tom Barr who told me Rob Roberts had called him to say that Marty had died over the weekend.  She apparently had Alzheimer’s.  She lived in Eugene, Oregon and had suffered with this for quite a while.  Don’t have any specifics but thought I’d pass on what I do know.
Shannon Green
From: Sara Johnson <[email protected]>  (Shannon’s sister) on September 21, 2018 at 7:01:01 AM MDT
*** Paul and I received a phone call from Tidwell Hospice around 4 a.m. this morning saying my sister, Shannon, has died….  thank you for all of your prayers for us and all of the help and love you have shown through this long and difficult walk… Thank you and all of her friends from Wiesbaden for your love and kind words for my sister.  You were all a wonderful and fun life experience for her in Germany and carried in her fondest of memories throughout all of the years after.


Bill Rivers
William Burch Rivers Jr. “Bill”    (Age 69)  Born March 19, 1947, passed away on June 30, 2016. He was the son of William Burch Rivers Sr. and Marjorie Ruth Rivers; beloved husband of Marie Rivers; devoted father of William B. Rivers III and John C.B. Rivers and loving grandfather of Waleska Rivers, Remington Rivers, Christian Rivers and Adela Rivers. Bill also leaves behind his brother, Dick Rivers; children”s mother, Lyn Cooley Rivers and daughter-in-law Priscilla Rivers. He grew up in Wiesbaden, Germany, lived in Maine, Washington, DC and Arlington, VA. Bill was an architect, singer/songwriter and a funny and deeply thoughtful man. Arrangements are pending for a family gathering. In lieu of flowers, consider a gift to the little league baseball organization of your choice in Bill”s name. (The Washington Post-July 3, 2016)

\Some recent photos of Bill



From: DON RAKESTRAW <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, Aug 5, 2016 at 12:15 PM
Subject: Bad News
     I just heard last night from Dee Gardner that Julie (Gardner) Younkin passed away night before last.  I talked with Larry today and asked if I could pass this on to our Wiesbaden Group and he was fine with it.  He will send pictures of Julie and her two daughters, Kirsten and Shannon.  I will forward the pictures ….when I get them.
          Julie had a fight with cancer and they performed surgery about three years ago and they thought she was cancer free but it came back and they didn’t catch it until it was too late. She had been in the hospital but once the end was in sight, she preferred to be at home so she spent the last six weeks of her life at home under the care of her two daughters.  I saw Julie several times about four to five years ago and was not aware of her cancer until last night when I heard from Dee Gardner.  Julie was as beautiful, nice and sweet as she always was during our high school years and hadn’t changed a bit when I saw her. Her husband of many years, Kenny Younkin had died about 10 years ago from Lou Gehrig’s disease.
     ……………See you in Ft. Walton if we don’t talk earlier.  Warm Regards,    Don
—-8/5/16: Spoke to Larry Jo today… He’s holding up well and looking forward to seeing everyone in Oct….. JimM
—-8/5/16: I am so sorry to hear this about Julie…As with so many memories I have,  she remains as she was 100 years ago…..Judy Dramer Honegger
—-8/5/16: Well, shit.  I bet I’m not the first to admit I had a crush on Julie.  Everything you say about her is true….Mark B. Schreiber

Karin Fouts Gausman

Karin Gausman of Loveland died at home April 21, 2016. She is survived by her devoted husband, Jim Gausman; three cherished children, Quinn Fouts Hollister [Doug] of Denver, Benjamin Foster [Jill] and Peter Gausman of Loveland; four treasured grandchildren, Kay and Max Hollister and Sam and Alana Foster; a beloved brother, Kevin Fouts [Esther]of Eagle Rock, AK; a niece and two nephews; and many cousins. Services will be held Sunday, April 24 at 2:00 pm in the Viegut Funeral Home chapel, followed by a reception at the family home. Karin Virginia Fouts was born September 5, 1946 in Lincoln, Nebraska to the late Neil and Ruth Weinberger Fouts of Seward. A loving and devoted mother and wife, Karin had many great passions in life including dance and handicrafts. Her steadfast devotion to La Leche League and the promotion of breast feeding was evidenced by her 41 years as a volunteer and mentor to others who wished to become Leaders in League. She derived great pleasure and satisfaction from helping mothers and babies successfully breast feed. Dedicated and tireless, she was at one time the CoDirector of the Leader Applicants Department for La Leche League International. She promoted the League philosophy of loving guidance both in her personal life and as a mentor in her position with league. Her ability to turn difficult problems into positive solutions was a natural gift. Her boundless love was always available to any who wished to receive it. Diagnosed with breast cancer in 2011, Karin refused to allow the disease to prevent her from continuing to provide the love and devotion necessary to keep her family and her career both active and productive. Karin has many friends around the world and she is thankful for all of their prayers and good wishes and to the doctors and professionals who made her journey gentler. LLLove to all mothers everywhere. In lieu of flowers, contributions can be made in memory of Karin Gausman to La Leche League at La Leche Go to for condolences. (Loveland Reporter-Herald 4/23/16)


 On Jul 19, 2013, at 11:12 AM, Max Johnson  <[email protected]> wrote: Gevan – ……..I hope the eulogy input attached will be valuable to you as we bid Paul farewell.  As I said, he was one of the true good guys, and I am a better person because of Coach Reeves.  God bless all of you.  Max …
————-  Paul Reeves —  Paul Reeves was a man who in the process of living many lives touched the lives of countless young men on the basketball courts of various DoD schools in Europe during the 1960’s.  I cannot speak for the other schools but I can tell you that his teams in Wiesbaden, Germany from 1960 – 1963 achieved great success, culminating in winning the European championship in March 1963.  In fact, even though he had moved on to his next assignment, “his” team repeated this accomplishment in 1964.

     How was he so successful – how did he do it?  First, he taught us basic basketball.
     No shake and bake, run and gun playground stuff.  We worked endless hours on defense, on full court press, on passing, rebounding, moving without the ball.  He made us believe that if we mastered these skills, we could take on teams – that on paper looked stronger than his Wiesbaden Warriors – and win. 
Perhaps even more important was that he built character in all of us. He taught us that there is no “I” in Team. I have had the good fortune to stay in contact with many of my teammates – Johnny O’Connor, Jim Maloney, Greg Bailey, Gary Schilling to name a few – and I can tell you that we all feel the same way about Coach Reeves.   He was our mentor, our John Wooden.  I don’t know how many times I have watched the movie “Hoosiers,” but I always conjure up Paul.  And during my own coaching exploits 25 years ago, I ran my teams the same way Paul ran his.
Fifty years later, and I can still recall and visualize as if it were yesterday.  Paul was truly one of the good guys, and we will all miss him.  My heart and prayers are with Ruth, Trish and Gevan. 
—– On Jul 19, 2013, at 11:34:50 CDT, Gevan Reeves <[email protected] wrote:
Thanks Max. We appreciate the well wishes and memories. I will be in touch. Gevan
—–On Jul 19, 2013, at 3:08 PM, “Jim Maloney” <[email protected]> wrote:
Gevan, Max copied me on his email. 
   I’m another, one of very many I presume, who had the privilege of Coach Reeves’ tutelage. I played for Coach Reeves on his championship Wiesbaden High team in 1963 and again against him in 1964 when my Wiesbaden team traveled to play his London Central team in 1964. He was a true gentleman and demanding coach who made us all better men. My best to you and your family.      Jim Maloney
—-  On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 3:42 PM, Gevan Reeves <[email protected]> wrote:
    Thanks Jim, I’ve heard your name mentioned several times as well. My mom fondly remembers you all playing.  Attached is the photo (above left)— we are using for the program. While not basketball, we hope it captures The essence of Paul’s coaching days. 
On Jul 19, 2013, at 3:50 PM, “Jim Maloney” <[email protected]> wrote:
Your picture brings back a lot of memories….. as does this one for the WHS’63 yearbook… (above right)  ……   JimM  
—– From John OConnor <[email protected]Date: Mon, Jul 22, 2013
         Thanks Max, Jim, and Gevan for sharing these memories of Coach Reeves.  His coaching ability was unquestionably of the highest caliber-but I would like to share with you all an anecdote that reveals another aspect of the man’s character that has lit the way for me during shadowy times throughout my life After we beat Munich for the Championship in ’64, they announced the all tournament team while we were  still on court celebrating.  I was trying not to hope too much for individual recognition, but I’d be lying if I said I didn’t think I deserved a spot.  When 3 of my teammates were chosen, but not me, I sat on the bench wondering what else I could have done to get the nod-after all, didn’t my 3 straight buckets in the semi-final vs, Frankfurt break their back and launch us into the finals? Hadn’t the “Stars and Stripes” even said so?  While struggling through a wild flood of emotional reaction trying not to spell Team with an I and mostly failing and feeling guilty about it, I felt a firm hand grip my right shoulder-gentle but insistent.  I turned and looked up directly into the unwavering and unforgettable gaze of Coach Reeves.  He had made his way down from the stands immediately.  “John, you got screwed,” he said as he shook my hand.         That unexpected empathy, delivered right on time with eloquent simplicity, taught me volumes about life.  I have gone to it many when I’m tempted to hold a pity party for myself.  You never know who is watching.  Paul Reeves was a great man, a great coach, and, truly, a great friend.  Making his team was reward enough for me.          I apologize for being late with this message-I’ve been riding motorcycle sweep for a Cystic Fibrosisbicycle fundraiser on the coast of Maine since Friday, and only just got to check my email.  I know it’s a tough time for the Reeves family.  Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you.  And my memories.     John O’Connor
—–From: Gevan Reeves <[email protected]Date: Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 4:35 PM
Subject: RE: PaulJohn, Max, Jim and Danny,
     Thank you all again for reaching out this past week.  I was able to share your stories during the eulogy and everyone commented how the stories helped make my dad and his life ‘come alive.’ Much of the audience of family and friends didn’t really know of Paul’s accomplishments during his overseas days, and they gained a newfound appreciation for him.  We had about 250 folks show for the visitation, and a smaller private funeral – and we thank you for helping make it special.  I only wish I had reached out to you sooner so I could have shared with my Dad – I know his time with your team always meant a lot to him.          Sincerely, Gevan, Ruth, and Tricia Reeves


  John S. Cobb (61) 

John died in Tuscon, Arizona on April 11, 2008 of pancreatic cancer. John was born Sep. 12, 1946 in Glendale CA. son of George and Margaret Cobb. John graduated from Wiesbaden HS in 1964 and entered the US Air Force Academy as a member of the Class of 1968. John was a member of CS-02 and served as Class Ring Representative for his squadron. After graduation John went to pilot training and afterwards flew C-130s which included missions in Vietnam. He also had an assignment as an air traffic controller prior to leaving the Air Force in 1979. John  continued his flying career as a pilot for American Eagle Airlines until he reached the FAA mandated retirement age of 60. Prior to his death John was a realtor in Tuscon. He is survived by his wife Antonia; mother Margaret; daughter Tracy; step-daughter Lisa Freeman; grandchildren Elina, Christina, Hailey, Freddy, and Jack; and brother Jim. John loved to scuba dive, paint, play golf, build rockets with his grandkids, and vacation in Mexico. He is dearly missed by his family and friends (Antonia Cobb)
From: Chris Holaday [mailto:[email protected]]  Date:Tues.Nov.18, 2008
Subject: Re: sad news, indeed!   We found out about this at the AFA 40th (yikes!) reunion a month ago. You may remember than John, Bill Gregory and my husband Bill all went to the Academy together. As part of the reunion there was a memorial service and we went to the Academy cemetery where all who have died have a memorial stone. Bill Gregory was killed in a plane accident awhile ago and is buried there. No one from John’s family was there although they were invited and none of the other classmates knew what had happened to him. I don’t know any details except that he died in April and he was living in Tucson. 

—–  (NOTE from Jim Maloney – 11/24/2008 –
     I found a phone number in Tucson for John’s widow and called her to express our sympathy from John’s High School classmates.   She told me that John had spent about 10 years in the Air Force and then left for an airline job. He flew for American Eagle Airlines for 18 years before he was forced to retire in 2006 by the FAA mandatory  “age 60” retirement rule.
        Late last year (2007) he became ill and was eventually diagnosed with cancer of the pancreas. John died of cancer in April, 2008.


John Kimball

( letter from John to classmates prior to 10th Reunion – 17 May 1974) 
I can’t really say, “Dear friends” or “Hi gang”, as an opening, because we are all much closer than that – probably always will be. It becomes evident to me- even at this early stage of the letter that I’ve had so many memories of that crazy place called Wiesbaden High, I couldn’t possible relate to each one. Having seen the names of you people expected to be at Washington DC brings back many more experiences. I only wish I could be there —“The Roaches” could sing again, and start all over again – but that would be a step backward — which is not what we all left high school for.
    I’m sure you all have a separate tale to tell of your lives so I’ll say a few pages about mine to bring you up to date.
   Having had a relatively good start at Wiesbaden, I went to Eastern Michigan University in Ypsilanti, Michigan — that’s about 8 miles from Ann Arbor –U. of M. — I did fair my freshman year — fair for me is not so good for Shannon Green — I’m sure she’s still a great looker — and would like to see her again anywhere !!  — Anyway, after my freshman year I transferred to U. of M. — played football and tried to take my second year of engineering courses. Well, playing football and trying to compete in the class rooms didn’t mix — so, big mistake — the following spring term I went back to EMU and made out real well until I moved into a house (G.D.I.) with 10 other guys – parties to the max !!  and the school even let me come back the next fall.. — This is Sept. of 1966. After spending a summer in Upper Michigan as a carpenter of sorts – built a boat during my spare time –I went back to school for the start of my Junior Year. Also had a girl friend, almost a fiancé – she died about a month later in an auto accident – well, anyway, I got “DRAFTED” in March of ’67 – BAD, BAD !!
So I joined the Air Force – the easiest, and maybe the best thing I could have done – still hate it and I’m getting out October of ’75 — long time, Eh!?   To make a long story short — July 13th ’68 married Jane P. Morgan — Dec. 16, 1969 was the proud father of a girl, Mary Melissa. July ’70 spent year in Viet Nam, Phu Cat AB, October ’72 got Divorced from Jane P. Morgan. DUH !
     Spent a couple of years in Florida, the big city of Ft. Walton Beach — Air Force town – liked the area anyway. Sep. 1973 ordered to Bittburg AB, Germany for two year tour — So that’s where I am right now. In the old country of my high school days — in a slightly different uniform, “Air Force Blue” or green — yea ! it’s called O.D. and I do that sometimes too !

   Anyway — that’s my short story – just as it happened – blow by blow. You can ask Judy D. or rather Honegger about New Mexico, and Don Rakestraw about the Air Force Academy and Mike Rudd about a crazy phone call in the middle of the night – and Carter Harris about a meeting in Ann Arbor — also Suzanne Butterfield Armstrong (you lucky man) about another Ann Arbor meeting.— also talk to Mark Scheiber about a certain Christmas of 1967. I’ve had the fortune to see a few of you here and there — never really had much time to talk a lot, but it was great knowing people — and it is great to know that we still remember each other. 
     The SBHDA is still active somewhere. John Cobb — the “Liter” and Mark Schreiber , the Sgt. At Arms — and well, just everyone , everywhere doing a life time of living and enjoying life as it comes. — and goes so rapidly on it’s way. You see, I still have a bit of nostalgia for the “good-ole-Days” —. Would love to see everyone again because of what we all have, not because of what we all had.
    If ever you have the opportunity to visit Germany in the next 18 months, I’ll be here. I would like to hear from anyone interested in writing. I’m not much for letters, but I do my best. Chris Phippen and Suzanne Butterfield once read a paper I wrote in English class — or Don’t you remember — the round man never forgets !! Don’t take “round man” seriously — I’m still the same old John I used to be. Haven’t changed in several years — grew a mustache cause the Air Force doesn’t like them, but that’s about the only change I can see — maybe you’d think differently if you could see me – and vice-versa.
    I sincerely regret that I am not able to make it to DC — you could come over here, Hint Hint !! (Shannon Green) and we could discover more — but, and well !, and whatever. And a gigantic DUH !! Mark Schreiber ! Don Rakestraw – Craig O’Neill —   Tell Jim Maloney I’m sorry for leaving his name off the class mug — that was Judy’s fault !! Ha Ha – and also I’m sorry I tripped you in the gym that Saturday – you cut your elbow. Wow !! ole John strikes again.. Never was a round ball player, was I? !
      What ever happened to Barron Wilk – Did he ever figure out why he was so smart? ! Say, that reminds me — thanks to Mark S. and Judy D. I passed Biology — got a B. what a riot – cheat- Hell no!  Judy and Mark took my test – at least they may as well have. 

  What ever we each discovered about each other during the three years at Wiesbaden, will never be a secret – ‘cause Kathy Richardson knows all about us. Oh, well, the best laid plans and all that sort of thing.
    Hey gang, Bill George is weird but really he’s a great guy — and robin Draper — don’t eat yellow snow with Kimball in the Taunus Mountains in the back seat of that silver “Silver Bullett”  DUH ! — and Mark, Don, Craig, Bill G., Don’t throw eggs at the whores down on MainzerStrasse. — Oh yes, I should have mentioned that Danny Kithcart did the same thing – nobody thought he did, but we know better, don’t we, guys.
   Did you know that Larry Sander was told by his dad that Mike and John Kimball were bad guys ‘cause they stole 36 bottles of bier the second week in Wiesbaden —- and that he should watch out — and not get too involved with them while playing football ?!
     If Rich Wilhelm ever found out that JK took one of the PTA systems to ythe states after the Senior Class Variety Show was over, he’d never forgive him.—- and ‘prophilactic’ Kovalik is really the “tooth fairy”, WOW !!  How we ever got along without big Jim, I’ll never know.
      Well, yes, I do have a lot of memories —- of a lot of good times, and with a lot of good people. Thanks for giving me my chance to say—- anything.
Auf Wiedersehen,     Kimball
            John E. Kimball, SSGT. 212-44-9978, CMR Box 4693, APO New York 09132
( email from John’s brother  Mike Kimball- 2009)
From: Mike Kimball[email protected]date: Dhu, May 21, 2009 t     to: [email protected]
Hi Jim,
John died of his first and last heart attack at 42. 
(1988) He was out fishing with friends one evening. Drinking beer and enjoying himself. He came home to the house he built near Torch Lake, MI and had a heart attack in the bathroom. He died on the way to the hospital on a flight for life transport.
       John had two daughters with his wife Cathy. They were very young when he died. Jessica, the oldest, is a doctor, and is married with one child. She practices in Pontiac, MI. Clara, Jessica’s younger sister, lives in Central Lake, MI and is getting married on 8/1/09. 
       John was in the prime of his life when he died. He had his own business building houses and doing various carpentry jobs for the local Torch Lake community. He was truly talented in that profession. He played softball on the church team and was well liked by and respected by everyone who know him. 
     He and I had a wonderful relationship and I still miss him dearly.
      You may already know, but our father, retired in 1972, had his first and last heart attack in 1977 at 56. My father and John had similar personalities and work ethics. Me I’m pretty easy going and hope to collect my federal law enforcement retirement for 30 years!
Thanks for asking,   Mike Kimball


    Bill George  

A memorial service for Lt. Col. William F. George II, Class of 1968, was held on January 28, 1983 at the Hill Air Force Base Chapel. Colonel George, assigned to the 388th Tactical Fighter Wing, was declared dead January 24 after being missing since a January 19 F-l6 accident over the Great Salt Lake in Utah. He was interred at the Air Force Academy Cemetery on February 16. He was born on June 25, 1946 in Bayside, N.Y., and was commissioned in the Air Force after graduating from the Academy in 1968. His first duty assignment was with the 99th Air Refueling Squadron, Westover AFB, Mass. Subsequent assignments took him to Headquarters, Strategic Air Command, Offutt AFB, Neb.; the 18th Tactical Reconnaissance Squadron, Shaw AFB, S.C.; the 14th Tactical Reconnaissance Squadron, Udorn Royal Thai Air Base, Thailand; the 13th Tactical Fighter Training Squadron, MacDill AFB, F1a.; and the 59th Tactical Fighter Squadron at Eglin AFB, Fla. Colonel George attended the Air Command and Staff College at Maxwell AFB, Ala., during which he earned his master of business administration degree from Auburn University. Following Air Command and Staff College, he was assigned to the 388th Tactical Fighter Wing at Hill AFB, Utah in July 1980. While assigned to the 388th. He was a plans officer, an assistant operations officer in the 34th and 42 1st Tactical Fighter Squadrons, and subsequently served as the chief of the 388th Tactical Fighter Wing Standardization and Evaluation Division. His awards include the Meritorious Service Medal with one oak leaf cluster, the Air Medal with six devices, and the Air Force Commendation Medal. While there are those of us who did not have the good fortune of knowing Bill at the Academy, it did not take long to know and cherish his and his family’s friendship. Whether it was a friend, a crew chief, a flight lead, or a wing commander, they will all remember Bill for his big smile and firm handshake. He was a leader, dedicated to improving our Air Force. He taught the young and inexperienced, counseled his peers, and always gave his best to his boss. Bill was the consummate professional and those who served with him will be better for the experience. He is survived by his wife, Sheila and three daughters, Jennifer, Katie, and Molly, his parents, Richard and Ruth George and two brothers, Richard and David. Contributions in his memory may be made to the William F. George 11 Memorial Fund, Association of Graduates, U. S. Air Force Academy, Colo. 80840. (Maj. Richard H. White, ’69)

Rick Kepner

email from: Anne Schott  (Rich’s sister)   Date: August 4, 2012 
     Hi Jim,      Eric Johnigan shared the HH Arnold High School Class of ’64 site with me.  He told me to go to TAPS and read about my brother, Rick Kepner.   I am his youngest sister…he had 2…Jane went to WHS also yet, didn’t graduate there…we moved back to the states summer of ’64.  He went on to the University of Minnesota, Duluth where he graduated  in 1968.  He did not become a pilot for another year and spent one year at Warner Robbins, AFB, Georgia until he was accepted into pilot training. 
     What I would like to share with you is the correct info about my brother.   He was in the USAF, not the Navy.    He was killed on Dec. 6, 1976, at Red Flag, Nellis AFB, NV, flying an F-4.    He was the flight commander of his flight and the guys in his flight really liked my brother.  I was there that weekend to see him and his fellow pilots in Las Vegas.   As a matter of fact, that weekend Elvis Presley was performing at the Hilton. Everything Rick did as an Air Force pilot he did the best!   He loved flying fighters!   He was looking forward to flying the F-15 next.              After graduating from pilot training at Craig AFB, in Selma, Alabama, in 1970.  He became an T-38 instructor pilot at Moody AFB, Valdosta, GA.  Then he went to George AFB, Victorville,CA where he went through RTU to learn how to fly F-4’s.  After that he was deployed on a  remote tour to Reykjavik, Iceland where he flew F’4’s.  He often escorted Russian spy planes out of the area.   I think they called them the Bear.  This was during the ‘Cold War’.   After his year in Iceland he returned to Moody AFB in Georgia, still flying the F-4. 
         His squadron was picked to fly in a Red Flag competition the winter of 1976.   This is where my loving brother lost his life along with his back seater, Lt. Scott Body.     Rick is buried next to our father, Lt. Col. Richard D. Kepner, in Arlington Cemetary.  He left behind his wife, Peg Kepner and his son Jason.  They live in Tucson, Arizona.    I hope this will clarify my brother’s short life!  He was such a great person!  

    Sincerely,   Anne Kepner Schott 


Mike Biscayart:  (24) 

(note from his brother Richard)
  from: Richard Biscayart <[email protected]>  date: Mon, Nov 24, 2008      subject:   Re: Mike’s story
 After having graduated from Georgetown in 1968, Mike was commissioned as a Lieutenant in the Air National Guard. His first assignment was in Larado, Texas, where he learned to fly the F-100. Upon completion of flight school, he was assigned to an air base in Tuscon, Arizona. It was here on a routine training mission in the early winter of 1970 that Mike’s single engine failed in his F-100. He was about 1,440 feet when the engine stalled, and did not have time to bail out. My father thought that Mike was trying to glide the plane away from a housing area. We will never know exactly what happened in Mike’s mind, of course. He died instantly from the crash. Before Mike’s death, he was seriously involved with a Spanish senorita from Casa de Casares, a small pueblo near the Portuguese border. Pepita would go on to become a psychiatric nurse in a British hospital just outside of London.
Katy (HARRELL) Ertresvaag
From: Bob Holliker  <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, Apr 24, 2020 at 5:08 AM
Subject: Katy Harrell Ertresvaag
To: Jim Maloney <[email protected]>
     ….I just saw where Katy HARRELL Ertrevaag passed away on 18 April.  I did not know her, other than being friends on the Facebook, and being a page or 2 behind her in our yearbook…
…. Bob